Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekends.

After quite a long hiatus fueled by the loss of my digital camera, I am back with a vengeance and a vow to keep this updated far better than my last efforts. Since July, I have cooked & eaten numerous meals but have been unable to keep track of them. Tonight, in begging for your forgiveness, I bring you humble offerings from one of my longstanding favorite restaurants, and one of my new.

Otani (www.otanisushi.com)
Founded 29 years ago in Mayfield Heights as the first restaurant in Ohio to serve sushi, Otani has since opened two other restaurants in Akron and Columbus. They serve excellent Japanese food, from super fresh sushi and juicy pork tonkatsu to deliciously soup-y house ramen and crispy, light tempura. The service is always fantastic, so don't let the offbeat location in an office building off of 161 deter you... it's definitely worth it. Excuse the poor photo quality as the lighting was a bit off... or you could blame the photographer ;)


California Roll $3.95


Pork Cutlet with rice, salad & miso soup $14.95


Sushi Rice

Tasi Cafe (www.tasicafe.com)
The other restaurant I want to tell you about is a new opening in a familiar spot. Located where the old Pistachio Bakery used to be before their rebirth as Pistacia Vera, this tiny spot has seating for about 10-15 people, but again don't let that deter you. Their food is quite worth any wait you might have, but if that is a big issue with you there is always the carryout option. They serve breakfast all day, and also have some delicious sounding heartier options. My partner in foodcrimes and I devoured an order of sausage gravy & biscuits, sourdough pancakes with sweet n' spicy bacon, a chocolate croissant, and a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, and were still hankering to try more of their creations. Their moderate prices are also a nice touch!


Sourdough pancakes with sweet and spicy bacon $7.00


Biscuits and Sausage gravy $6.00

I hope this is enough to satisfy your hunger til next time!

2 comments:

oohsammeh said...

looks soooo amazing

Krillison said...

Otani 9 out of 10
Tasi 10 out of 10!!!!!!! whahaha